The 500 III ULTRALIGHT sleeping bag features a minimalist design, anatomical mummy shape, advanced hood design, generous foot box and a combination of H- and V-structured down chambers.
ULTRALIGHT 500 is designed to minimize weight and provide thermal comfort in spring and autumn, when night temperatures drop to around 0°C. It was sewn from super lightweight Airtastic 7D fabric, from the Japanese company Toray. The fabric, despite its low weight, is very durable and downproof, plus very pleasant to the touch. The sleeping bag was filled with 500 g of FP 850 down with a 98/2 (down/feather) ratio, which ensures warmth while sleeping on spring and autumn nights. Weight was important during design, so an anatomical shape was used, tapering the sleeping bag where possible. A special "foot box" has been modeled in the foot area to create space for our feet and improve thermal performance. In the area of the knees and hips we have provided a special allowance of material that improves ergonomics. There are special inserts in the hood to reduce its volume. This solution causes the hood to wrap around our head, pleasantly warming it. Double slats are provided at the zippers, one closer to the zipper prevents the material from cutting in. The other, on the other hand, provides insulation so that the sleeping bag does not get cold through the zipper. We can adjust the hood and thermal collar with an elastic band hidden in special internal tunnels, so that when pulled tight the elastic band bothers us less. The sleeping bag uses two types of space baffles DSV and DSH. On the top side, there are V-shaped baffles (DSV), which guarantee better distribution of down. On the other hand, there are H-shaped (DSH) baffles on the underside, a solution that ensures low weight and eliminates cold seams.
- super lightweight, strong and durable Airtastic 7D 19g/m2 fabric from Japanese company TORAY;
- Filling: highest quality Polish goose down FP 850 98/2, 500g (size L);
- mummy-shaped sleeping bag with advanced design;
- thermal collar with welt;
- chamber design: top DSV (V-section chambers), bottom DSH (H-section chambers)
- 42 down chambers ensure optimal distribution of down to guarantee efficient insulation;
- ergonomic cut taking into account the allowance in the hips and knees;
- inner pocket for small items;
- YKK zipper with two zippers (130 cm);
- YKK main zipper covered by two insulating strips with "anti snag" system - prevents cutting into the zipper;
- in the upper part of the zipper a special latch that prevents the sleeping bag from opening on its own;
- collar and hood adjustment hidden in a special tunnel;
- compression sack with dimensions: diameter 16 cm, height 30 cm, height when packed 22 cm (size L);
- storage bag
Temperature range of use:
T comf ♀ : 0°C
T limit ♂: -6 ° C;
T ext : -24 ° C
Length: 188 cm (M); 200 cm (L); 212 cm (XL).
Width at shoulders: 70 cm (M); 75 cm (L); 80 cm(XL)
Toray Airtastic, with a weight of 20 g/m2, is one of the lightest downproof fabrics available on the market. Despite its low weight, the fabric is resistant to tearing and abrasion. In addition, it is siliconized and coated with a DWR layer, so it gains water repellent properties and high windproofness. The material is characterized by high stretch, which makes it "move" along with the user. In addition, it is nice to the touch, which significantly improves comfort.
Filling: highest quality Polish down FP 850 98/2
All Malachowski brand sleeping bags are manufactured and filled with down in Poland, in the Beskid Mountains, in Dębowiec.